HSSA Fireworks night – 6.30pm 5th November 2016
A free event for the local Oxted community!
Following the success of last years event, this year we’re doing the same again, only a bit bigger!
Throughout the year we hold various fundraising events, and receive donations from members which makes it possible to offer this event for free.
This year we will also be going round with collection buckets to help further the objectives of the HSSA, which includes further developing outdoor sports and recreational activities for the local community. We have some big plans which will benefit everyone who uses Mill Lane fields, so every penny put in the buckets will help us achieve our goals.
BBQ’s will be serving Burgers & Hot Dogs from 6.30pm. The outside bar will be open from 6.30pm til 10pm, serving bottled beers, wines, prosecco and soft drinks. The main indoor bar will be open all day from midday, but will close at 8.40pm until 9pm in order to restock and clear up.
A few notes for those who are coming along
- No handheld fireworks (eg sparklers) will be permitted anywhere on site, so please do not bring them.
- Please use public transport or walk wherever possible. Parking will be extremely limited, so if parking on the road, please do so safely and considerately.
- Stay behind the safety barriers at all times and follow any instructions given to you by the marshalls.
- Lost child point will be at the outside bar on the patio, so please make sure your children know this upon arrival. Children left at the lost child point for more than 10 minutes may be put to work……
- There will be some huge bangs. Ear defenders for young children are recommended. Foam ear plugs will be available at the outside bar.
- Our bars and bbq’s will be running as purely cash only, so bring plenty of folding money. You won’t need much for our food or drinks, but our donation buckets take a lot of feeding 😉
- Live music from The Banned will start at 9pm. Due to club capacity limits, members have the option of buying tickets for the band before the event. Any surplus tickets will be sold at the door on a first come, first served basis.